Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
FRESH WATER vs. BRACKISH WATER vs. SALT WATER
Transcript of FRESH WATER vs. BRACKISH WATER vs. SALT WATER
-There are different types of freshwater regions: ponds and lakes, streams and rivers, and wetlands
-More than half of the drinking water for humans and animals comes from this resource
-Approximately 70% of the water that is used to irrigate crops comes from freshwater biomes -Large salt composition compared to freshwater, and covers nearly half of the earth
- Cover more than two-thirds of the Earth’s surface and are one of the most bio diverse environments in the world
Abyssal FRESHWATER PLANTS CATTAIL BLUE FLAG IRIS WATER LILIES FRESHWATER ANIMALS OTTERS HIPPOPOTAMUS GOLDFISH BRACKISH WATER - Condition commonly occurs when fresh water meets sea water
-Has more salinity than fresh water, but not as much as seawater
-The primary waste product of the salinity gradient power process
NOTABLE BRACKISH WATER LOCATIONS:
-Baltic Sea (the world’s largest pool of brackish water)
-Caspian Sea (world’s largest lake) BRACKISH WATER PLANTS RED TIGER LOTUS ANACHARIS RED MANGROVE BRACKISH WATER ANIMALS CASPIAN SEAL NORTHERN WATER SNAKE BULL SHARK SALT WATER PLANTS CORAL REEF SEAWEED SALT WATER ANIMALS HANG MAN'S TREE CODIUM MACRO ALGAE SHORTFIN MAKO SHARK OCTOPUS KILLER WHALE