Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Greek Gods and Goddesses
Transcript of Greek Gods and Goddesses
Goddesses Essential Questions
Gods & Goddesses
The Resources Essential Questions 1. How do religious beliefs impact the culture, art and daily life of a civilization?
2. Why is it necessary to consult multiple sources of information? Gods and Goddesses 1. Zues - g. King of the gods 2. Posiedon - e. God of the sea 3. Athena - j. Goddess of wisdom 5. Artemis - Goddess of the hunt and wild animals 4. Apollo - k. God of light 6. Hestia -
h. Goddess of the home 7. Demeter - a. Goddess of agriculture 8. Hermes - i. Messenger of the gods 9. Hephaestus - m. God of fire, metal, and metalurgy 10. Aphrodite - Goddess of love and beauty 11. Ares - God of war 12. Hera - Goddess of marriage 13. Hades - God of the underworld Myths are traditional stories about gods and heroes.
Greek mythology expressed Greek people's religious beliefs.
The Greeks believed that gods and goddesses affected people's lives and shaped events. That is why the most impressive buildings in Greek cities were religious temples.