Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of kiwi accent
Slang and expressions
Easiest way to distinguish
sh and ch
http://web.ku.edu/~idea/australiaoceania/newzealand/newzealand.htm http://www.new-zealand-nz.net/new_zealand_accent.html http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_English
highly influenced by
yet another e.g.
Maori words commonly used
Kia Ora! ~ Hello
Haere mai ~ Welcome/ come here
Tu meke ~ Too much
Ka pai ~ Good
Ware ~ House
jafa/jaffa - type of candy
*but also stands for: yet another f* aucklander
** or fantastic (depending on the region, ofc)
mean - it actually means GOOD
cuz (abbreviation of cousin), fulla - bro, fellow
yeah nah - kind of 'yes, isn't it?'
out of the city / remote outback town
pop on over
drive around the bend
when sth drives you crazy
he did a big spit
he threw up
mad as a meat axe
very angry / crazy
he is a bob each way
someone who supports opposing groups to gain maximum benefit