Loading presentation...

Present Remotely

Send the link below via email or IM

Copy

Present to your audience

Start remote presentation

  • Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
  • People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
  • This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
  • A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
  • Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article

Do you really want to delete this prezi?

Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.

DeleteCancel

Make your likes visible on Facebook?

Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.

No, thanks

Singing in the Shower

No description
by

First name Last name

on 8 December 2014

Comments (0)

Please log in to add your comment.

Report abuse

Transcript of Singing in the Shower

Conclusion
Overview
Our survey was based on whether or not freshman girls are more likely to sing or listen to music in the shower then freshman boys are. To test the hypothesis, we devised a survey.


Circle one please:
What Grade are you in? 9 10 11 12
Do you sing in the shower? Yes No
Do you listen to music while you shower? Yes No
Are you a girl or boy? Girl Boy

Procedure
We created the survey using unbiased questioning. We then, using a list of homerooms which had freshmen in them, chose 7 different rooms to give the survey to. We chose 7 homerooms because we knew that we would get an accurate sample size with 7. We handed the surveys to all of the people in the class and excluded any non-freshmen students who's response we received.
~Singing in the Shower~
Procedure (in technical terms)
To put the entire procedure in terms of mathematics and statistics, we used a form of blocking based on classrooms (assigning each one a number), and using a random number generator we chose entire homerooms to survey. The survey we drafted was checked for bias in questions and moral standards as to not get skewed data.
Potential Problems:
~There may be a potential ethics issue where some people are not comfortable with answering truthfully, despite anonymity.
~Another slight problem is that perhaps not everybody was in the class during the time of the survey and we therefore do not have a perfect sample of that class.
DATA:
By Jordan Bobrove, Dan Wampler, Rachael Crowthers
The Survey:
~After looking at the data and graph it appears that gender has some sort of association with whether or not a freshman sang in the shower and/or listened to music. We made a marginal distribution to show this. After doing that we found out that musical activities are dependent variable since they are not the same percentages when we calculated them relating to gender. This shows how gender may have some effect on the outcome of the questions on whether you sing in the shower or not.

~78.8% of the people who sing in the shower without music were girls and only 22.2% were boys. 68.8% of the people who sing and listen to music are girls and the other 31.2% are boys. 61.1% of the people who only listen to music in the shower were girls while the rest, 38.9%, were boys. And lastly, 9.5% of the people who reported to neither sing nor listen to music were girls while the other 90.5% were boys. The girls in all of these above examples proved to be more likely to sing and/or listen to music in the shower than boys. Boys, on the other hand, were more likely not to sing or listen to music in the shower than girls.

~With this, we can conclude, there is an association between gender and likelihood of singing and/or listening to music in the shower. From what we have gathered, freshman girls are more likely to participate in musical activities in the shower than freshman boys.

~Uneven amount of boys
to girls, because our surveys were distributed by blocking it was hard to get an even amount of girls and boys.
Full transcript