Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
PhD Presentation - Framing the city identity
Transcript of PhD Presentation - Framing the city identity
Framing the city identity
What already exists?
HOW TO TEST THE FIRST HYPOTHESIS
1) Ethnographic observation
2) User studies on websites providing contents on Douala (Wikipedia, Trip advisor, CUD, Doual’art) evaluating users perception and comprehension of the city
But what the society have to say about they identity?
CONTRIBUTES TO FRAME THE CITY IDENTITY
online spot information
focus on ONE aspect of the society
contemporary artistic context
Local community engagement in the process of production
Reflect the society
Produce information on the society
Impact the society
oral tradition - ICTs
HOW TO TEST THE THIRD HYPOTHESIS?
1) Public presentation of video to local communities and evaluation of their identification
2) Post-user studies on websites providing contents on Douala:
Wikipedia, Trip advisor, CUD, Doual’art + DST Website
IDENTITY OF THE CITY
CONFUSE & NEGATIVE
Before the fieldwork
Knowledge = information = online documentation
During the fieldwork
Knowledge = information + human knowledge+ tools for producing knowledge and information
ACCESS TO KNOWLEDGE
HOW TO TEST THE SECOND HYPOTHESIS
Analysis of material produced with the regard of place identity
of local guides
Creation of a
about the identity of Douala
on place identity dimensions
Public art as an opportunity
to empower local community
in framing Douala identity
and increase access to knowledge
through digital storytelling
In one sentence
To go in depth