Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Nervous tissue
The cells are responsible for the nourishment of the defense and support of the central nervous system are grouped under the name of glial cells. They are 5 to 10 times more abundant than the neurons themselves.
What it is?
It is the most complex and sophisticated system in the body. It has the important mission of regulating and coordinating the functions and activities of the body. One of its particularities is that the cells that form it, unlike those of the rest of the organism, lack regenerative capacity.
Peripheral nervous system
Formed by: nerves
Central Nervous System
Form by: Encephalon and the spinal cord.
Neurons have the ability to communicate accurately, quickly and at a long distance with other cells, whether they are nervous, muscular or glandular. Electric signals called nerve impulses are transmitted through the neurons.