Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Are Your Students Media Literate?
Transcript of Are Your Students Media Literate?
Nicole Zumpano, NBCT
Lead Technology Teacher, May Community Academy
Adjunct Faculty, National Louis & Dominican Universities
Professional Development Chair
Conference Planning Committee
ICE-CAP Communications Chair
Today's Students are experts on "media consumption"
Many are proficient at creation, but.......
...are we teaching our students how to analyze and evaluate media?
What is Media Literacy?
Our interaction with media and
the messages we take away from it
Our ability to
in diverse media and formats
words and phrases as they
are used in text...
the structure of texts
Media Literacy Background
How it Looks when Teaching Teachers
What Students Need to Know
Resources to Help You Get Started
Media Literacy for Teachers
Stereotypes, Gender Issues, Misrepresentations
Portrayal of women, then and now
Media Literacy for Students
Background, Basic Concepts,
The Art of Persuasion and Deconstruction
The Art of Persuasion
Nicole's Lesson Plan Blog
Nicole's Resource Wiki
$496.9 billion spent on advertising in 2011
$603.1 billion projected by 2015