Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
LGBT Online Identities and Queer Fan Creativity
Transcript of LGBT Online Identities and Queer Fan Creativity
* access to information
* ability to connect
* find community
* see yourself represented
For me and for others I know, fandom has been a queer space that ultimately extended into our real lives. (Cat)
Mailing lists and personal websites
Archive of our Own
LGBT and Media
Celebrating Queer Fandom
L.A. Law (1991)
Why Women Slash
* men only real characters
* 1 guy good; 2 guys better
* creating equal relationship
[E]xploring my attraction to women through fan fiction felt natural. It felt safe. ... there was a comfort in reading this stuff between characters I already knew, characters who’d all been living seemingly straight lives, just like me. (a.)
[A]fter I discovered femslash, I finally knew what I really wanted and who I really was. (w.m.)
The act of writing and sharing slash can be just as hot to me as actual