Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
British Imperialism in India Before 1858
Transcript of British Imperialism in India Before 1858
extremely diverse. People of different faiths, including Muslims and Hindus lived on the subcontinent for centuries. India was divided into different castes , several principalities, and language groups. European merchants, like the British East India Company, expanded their influence over India. Resistance Indian Rebellion of 1857 Three principal armies: Bengal, Madras and Bombay Economic
Social Causes: Opening of the Mutiny Elsa Greathed Before 1858 Kanpur Massacre "Resolution" Following the collapse of a large dynasty, the Brits conquered areas of India and removed European competitors. Several Indian principalities had mutual agreements with the British. The East India Company traded a variety of goods.
Can you guess which ones? The British took opium grown in India and
sold it in places like China. The "spark" British atrocities Rebellion spread 19th Century Drug Dealers?