Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Homeostasis
Disruption - produces a stimulus
Detect a stimulus
Message is passed on to the
Muscles or glands that produce a response
Send a message to the
Which trigger a response to restore
the response is opposite of the stimulus
returns levels back to normal
i.e. insulin-glucose balance
the response strengthens the stimulus
further disrupts homeostasis
i.e. uterine contractions during labor
Neurons vs hormones
Travels everywhere, slowly
Hits a specific location quickly
The Endocrine System
What are the differences between a walrus and a lizard?
How does a birds keep their feet from freezing in the winter?
How do humans regulate temperature?