Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Earth Day
Earth day is a global holiday, celebrated each year on April 22. This holiday is celebrated to inspire awareness and appreciation for our environment
Why celebrate Earth Day?
Earth Day should remind us that we all share the same planet and this is the only planet that we can live on. It is a day to think of the environmental challenges and to find a way to help the earth
History of Earth Day
Earth Day was established by a senator named Gaylord Nelson. He was afraid environmental issues would not be mentioned in areas. Earth day is a day to reconize these issues and prevent them
Current Environmental Issues
Natural Resource Depletion
What can be done to help the Earth?
Cut back on water usage
Carpool, walk, ride a bike
Create a compost pile
Use a reuseable water bottle
Cut back on plastic
The Three Rs
Reduce- use less of
Reuse- use again
Recyle- use for something else
Earth Day Fun Fact
On the very first Earth Day, 20 million people gathered in the streets to protest the industrial revolution.
On Earth Day 2012, more than 100,000 people rode bikes in China to reduce CO2 emissions and save fuel.