Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Words and Letters are Different
Transcript of Words and Letters are Different
Figure it out.
When Can I Use Letters as Substitutes for Words?
Texting to your friends
...but not to your English teacher.
Abbreviations formed by the initial components of a group of words:
We don't have to take the CAHSEE.
We go to GHS.
But even then,
Just like contractions, abbreviations will seem more informal.
In a formal paper, you will spell out the words first, followed by the acronym in parentheses. After that, you may use just the acronym.