Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Maxwell's Equations
Here are the main equations of electromagnetism, as stated by Maxwell.
Find the Electric field from charge inside a Gaussian surface.
No magnetice monopoles, N and S together.
Changing magentic field creates Electric field
Ampere / Maxwell Law
Find Magnetic field from current inside an Amperian loop.
Changing Electric field creates Magnetic field
Note the directions of these last two.
They both require changing fields, but Faraday's law is an 'opposing' the change.
Use the Right Hand Rule being mindful of the negative and positive signs.
While Maxwell's displacement current is in the same direction as the change.
What is the magnetic field in all four regions shown here for a charging 3.0 cm radius capacitor with a current of 1.5 A.