Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Materials Adaptation and Development
Transcript of Materials Adaptation and Development
Survey on the development of materials for ESL teaching focusing on the textbook; principles and criteria for analysis and evaluation of published materials; application of criteria; adaptation processes in material preparation.
Introductions; Course Contracts; Introduction to Common Terminologies
Introduction to ELT Materials - Terminologies
The Textbook/Coursebook - Anatomy
Materials from the perspective of Acquisition/Learning Theories
Materials from the perspective of Methodology (DLF tapes)
Principles of Materials Development 1, 2, 3
Authentic Material 1, 2
Materials Evaluation 1, 2
Issues in ELT Material
Topics to be covered
BA 3043 Materials Adaptation and Development
Class participation and attendance: 10%
Mid-term examination: 20%
Final examination: 40%
Cunningsworth, A. (1995).
Choosing your Coursebook.
Mukundan, J. (Ed.). (2003).
Readings on ELT Material
. Serdang: UPM Press.
Tomlinson, B. (Ed.). (1998).
Materials Development in Language Teaching.
Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.