Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of U3L13
Is caning an effective method of justice?
Get your Springboard book and copy down the EQ and the word of the day
Answer the following question in your notebook.
As Americans, do you think that caning Michael Fay is a just punishment for vandalism?
What might Singaporeans argue?
Turn and discuss your responses with a partner.
Thursday, January 15th
Caning in Singapore
What makes a punishment effective?
Crime= Stolen road signs
What were the results of this punishment?
Do you think this method is effective?
Has America ever practiced anything similar?
What is Singapore's perception about effective methods of justice?
How do they feel about our methods of justice?
Underline relevant evidence that addresses the focus questions