Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Volcano adam
A volcano is an opening that comes out of the surface where hot rocks called magma comes out and turns to lava .
The parts of a volcano: the hot molten rocks inside the volcano are called magma . When the rocks leave the volcano it turns to lava and it is also cooler than magma .
What's the difference between lava and magma?
Lava is outside the volcano and magma is inside the volcano magma. It is also hotter than lava because when the lava comes out it is cooler.
How magma is formed
Magma is formed from partial melting rocks as they move upward the rocks start to melt a little bit. Then it starts to turn to lava.
Why volcanoes erupt
Volcanoes erupt because of density and pressure the lower density of the magma relative to the surrounding rocks causes it to rise then it will rise to the surface .
Stages of a volcano
There are three stages of a volcano. The first is active an active volcano is when it will erupt regularly . The second is dormant which means it will erupt but we can't tell when. And the last one is extinct which means it will never erupt again.