Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Nutrition of Ruminants
Transcript of Nutrition of Ruminants
4 stomachs? No! They have four
compartments in their
stomachs These animals
Ruminants What would a
be? Examples? The compartments of
the stomach Reticulum Rumen Omasum Abomasum Collects heavy material in food consumed
Softening of coarse material
Important in rumination process
Hardware disease (give them magnet) Reticulum Rumen Largest compartment Fermentation vat Organ of absorption Mechanical digestion Rumination Regurgitation of rumen contents for further mastication and addition of saliva Important for forage utilization
Evolutionary development (predator avoidance mechanism)
Less important with high grain diets Eructation
Expelling of fermentation gasses from rumen
Grinding of food?
Regulation of particle size
Reabsorption of excess liquid
Not found in
pseudoruminents Abomasum True stomach http://dsc.discovery.com/videos