Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Financial Markets
*Benefits of Financial markets
*Why firms Invest and borrow?
*Methods by which financial markets transfer funds
*Classification of Financial Markets
Group 1 : Chapter 4
These are markets that provide a permanent venue for savers, and borrowers and which render financial services whenever required by their customers.
What are Financial Markets?
1. Funds are directed to DSU's which can use them most efficiently
2.liquidity is provided to users
Benefits of Financial Markets
1. quantity discounts for bulk purchases granted suppliers
2.additional revenue from sales
Why firms Invest and borrow?
Methods by which financial markets transfer funds
refers to lending by ultimate borrowers with no intermediary.Under this method, the SSU gives money to the DSU in exchange for financial claims on the DSU. The claims issued by the DSU are called DIRECT CLAIMS and are typically sold in direct credit markets such as Money and Capital
Methods of Direct finance
Brokers & Dealers
refers to the selling of securities by private negotiation directly to insurance companies, commercial banks, pension funds, large scale corporate investors, and wealthy individuals.
Broker- acts as an intermediary between buyers and sellers but it does not take title to the securities traded.
Dealer- one in the security business acting as principal rather than an agent. The dealer buys for his account and sells customers from inventory
a person who provides financial advice and who underwrites and distributes new investment securities
refers to lending by an ultimate lender to a financial intermediary that then relends to ultimate borrowers. Financial intermediaries include commercial banks, mutual savings banks credit unions lie insurance companies, and pension funds
newly issued primary and secondary securities are traded for the first time
- financial Market through which existing financial securities are traded
- financial market on which debt securities with an original maturity of one year or less are traded.
- market where trading is undertaken for securities
- market for debt instruments.
- common and preferred stocks issued by corporations are traded
- deals with loans on residential, commercial and industrial real estate, and on farmland
Consumer Credit Market
- involved in loans on autos, appliances, education and travel
-Stocks are sold to the highest bidder on the trading floors.
- buyers and sellers Negotiate with each other regarding price and volume.
-financial Market with fixed trading rules.
Over The Counter Market
- Market Consisting of large collection of brokers and dealers
-securities are traded for immediate delivery and payment
- Contracts are originated and traded that give the holder the right to buy something in the future at a price specified by contract
- One where stock options are traded.
Market- The Market where people buy and sell foreign currencies