Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Group Edit of Estates Theater
Transcript of Group Edit of Estates Theater
- Built in 1783
- Went through several name changes as it changed ownership
- Funded/Founded by Count Nostitz Rieneck (originally named in honor of him)
- Neoclassical architecture: look up what this means!
- 1798 Purchased by the Czech Estates
- Building site chosen because of its proximity to the University, the two were thought of as one unit
- Premier site of Mozart's Don Giovanni (1987) and La Clemenza di Tito (1791)
- The first Czech opera premiered here (by Skroup, 1826)
- Primarily intended for the performance of German drama and Italian Opera
- Joseph Haydn
- Christoph Willibald Gluck
- Niccolo Paganini
- Carl Maria von Weber
- Gustav Mahler
- English oratorio (appeared on Pandora; consider if this would be appropriate for your concert program)
(photo from a contemporary performance of Mozart's comic opera, Cosi fan Tutte)
Historical Information from Board:
Composers, genres that might be helpful to look into: