Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Notan
The Japanese design concept involving the play and placement of light and dark
Simple Moderate Complex
Notan uses the elements
and the principles
SHAPE and SPACE
CONTRAST and BALANCE
traditionally presented in paint, ink or cut paper.
[we will be using cut paper]
[the same on both sides]
[different on all sides]
1. Make a few sketches in your sketchbook to determine if your Notan will be symmetrical, asymmetrical, themed, or a combination
2. Decide what size black paper will best suite your design (choices are: 6x6 or 6x9)
3. Create a design that includes at approximately 20 transitions
4. Draw your design on your black paper, then cut and glue as directed
5. Keep in mind your goals, creativty, craftsmanship and behavior
plays on positive and negative space
simple, neat and orderly