Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
There Will Come Soft Rains Day 3
Transcript of There Will Come Soft Rains Day 3
...It's The End!!
Theme is the underlying message of the story that is not directly stated in the text, and can be found by analyzing the thoughts, words, and actions of characters. Ask yourself these questions:
1. What do the characters think, say, and do?
2. Why do the characters think, say, and do what they do?
3. Which thoughts, words, and actions do you react positively to? Which get the best results for characters?
4. How is the author telling us to think, talk, and act?
Personification and Conflict
Personification is when the author gives human-like characteristics to something that is not human (such as a house) .
How has the house in this story been personified?
Conflict occurs when characters want different outcomes (things)
What conflict have we seen so far in this story? Has there been conflict?
It's game time!
What are the stakes? As always, eternal glory. More immediately, a video break
You have a Do Now on your desk. Complete the scales, describe your house (you won't have to share specifics), and describe fire.
You have 3 minutes
What's happened so far in the story?
Who is the main character?
How do you feel about the house?
What's the mood of the story?
What do you think will happen today?
Fill in your Graphic Organizer
Actions of house:
Your Reaction to the house:
Actions of the fire:
Your Reaction to the fire:
How is the author telling us to think, speak, and act?:
Selects & reads a poem for Mrs. McClellan
The house seems senseless
We shouldn't get stuck on a single routine
Thinking Through What Happened
Group 1: Describe the conflict
Who is fighting whom?
What are the fighting over?
What are their strategies?
Group 2: Describe the fire
Group 3: Describe the house
Summarize, Prove, Present
Walk of Theme
Everyone will write what they think the theme is on a notecard, and post it around the room.
We will SILENTLY walk around the room, and react to the themes on the chart
SHOW OFF YOUR KNOWLEDGE!!!!
YOU HAVE 20 MINUTES.
This is your last Exit Ticket. Impress me, impress yourself, and finish strong.