Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Introduction to Cultural Anthropology
Transcript of Introduction to Cultural Anthropology
9 January 2017
Lecturer: Lisa Garibaldi, PhD
Office: Watkins 1304
Office Hours: Tuesday/Thursday 11-12 and by appointment
From the greek, anthropos
o Anthropology studies people and why they do what they do
o Non-judgmental, rather trying to understand
o Question common sense, challenge ideas about what is normal
What is Anthropology?
Section Participation 200
Inclass quizzes 50
Paper 1 100
Paper Part 2 150
Readings should be completed
3 Feb 2017
Bring Scantron, pencil, pen
Test will be a combination of multiple choice, True/False, short answer, and essay questions.
24 March 2017
Same protocols as midterm
Analyze a current event using anthropological concepts.
Instructions for paper will be posted on iLearn
Four Field Anthropology
What is Culture?
Involves struggle for power