Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Introduction to Cultural Anthropology
Transcript of Introduction to Cultural Anthropology
9 January 2017
Lecturer: Lisa Garibaldi, PhD
Office: Watkins 1304
Office Hours: Tuesday/Thursday 11-12 and by appointment
From the greek, anthropos
o Anthropology studies people and why they do what they do
o Non-judgmental, rather trying to understand
o Question common sense, challenge ideas about what is normal
What is Anthropology?
Section Participation 200
Inclass quizzes 50
Paper 1 100
Paper Part 2 150
Readings should be completed
3 Feb 2017
Bring Scantron, pencil, pen
Test will be a combination of multiple choice, True/False, short answer, and essay questions.
24 March 2017
Same protocols as midterm
Analyze a current event using anthropological concepts.
Instructions for paper will be posted on iLearn
Four Field Anthropology
What is Culture?
Involves struggle for power