Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
MODAL AUXILIARY VERBS
Transcript of MODAL AUXILIARY VERBS
ABLE TO COULD WAS/WERE
ABLE TO EXAMPLES I can / am able to get up by myself. FUTURE She won't be able to run the marathon. PAST Yesterday I could hold my breath for five minutes. He wasn't able to fix the car. CAN COULD WOULD FUTURE CAN COULD WOULD EXAMPLES CAN YOU HELP ME? COULD YOU LEND ME YOUR BOOK? PAST FUTURE CAN MAY MIGHT COULD MAY HAVE MIGHT HAVE COULD HAVE CAN MAY MIGHT COULD / EXAMPLES WE MAY LEAVE TOMORROW. I COULD HAVE FINISHED EARLIER, BUT I DIDN'T. HE MIGHT CHANGE HIS TOPIC. SHOWING NEAR
CERTAINTY (DEDUCTION) PRESENT PAST MUST MUST HAVE PRESENT EXAMPLES MELISSA MUST HAVE ARRIVED; EVERYTHING IS DISORGANIZED. JHON LOOKS AWFUL; HE MUST BE SICK. / WOULD YOU MIND TO SHARE LUNCH WITH ME?