Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Psychology Movie Analysis: Disney's Tarzan
Transcript of Psychology Movie Analysis: Disney's Tarzan
By: Jasmine Jefferson
-learning how to walk on both hands
and feel like apes.
-learning to play and climb with the animals
-Imitating survival skills.
Tarzan : Observational Learning
Modeling and Imitation :
Erickson's Socioemotional Development
Trust vs. Mistrust
Baby Tarzan seems to trust Kala
Industry vs. Inferiority
Tarzan makes it his goal to be the best gorilla he can be
Identity vs. Identity Confusion
Tarzan has always known there was something different about him, but when he discovers others just like him, he isn’t sure if he should stay with family or go with people like him
Intimacy vs. Isolation
Tarzan seems to realize who he is and also falls in love with Jane
Piaget - Cognitive Development
-Uses touch to feel Kala (Tarzan's ape mother)
-Object Permanence (Tarzan does not understand that his parents use to exist and are in the same room as him)
- Tarzan learns how the other animals survive in the jungle and finds ways to imitate them
- Tarzan applies the skills he learned to his everyday life
– Tarzan follows the rules but also wants to fit in with the gorillas
– Tarzan follows the rules and trys to fit in with the gorillas
– Tarzan learns there are others like him and goes against the one's he grew up with in order to spend time with Jane, the Professor, and Clayton
Kala Finds Tarzan
-Tarzan displays object permanence, uses touch to explore his surroundings, and is an easy child since he is so accepting.
-Tarzan displays infant attachment, he has formed a bond with Kala his new caregiver who he identifies as his mother.
Tarzan knows he different from the rest of the gorilla's
Tarzan Works To Be The Best Gorilla
-Tarzan shows high level thinking skills by applying other animals skills to himself
Human with Ape Characteristics
Personality: Adventurous, Curious, Fearless, Determined
- Physical: His body has addapted to live in the jungle, climbing,walking on hands and feet.
- Cognitive: displays difficulty in language communicating with Jane
- Socialemotional:friendship with other child animals.
Intelligence: Bodily-Kinesthetic; Naturalist; Interpersonal; Verbal-Linguistic
Self-actualizers are “spontaneous, creative, and possessing a child-like capacity for awe.”
Kala - Tazan's gorilla mom; Authoratative
Kerchak - King of the Apes/Jungle; Neglectful
Professor Porter - Jane's father; Authoratative
- Death of a child
- Death of a close family or friend
- Marital Separation (Kala and Kerchak)
- Gain of a new family member
- Change in living conditions
- Difficulties with parents
- Concerns about appearance
- Making new friends
- Leaving home
Personality: Brave, Intelligent,Charming,open-minded, outgoing, talkative, proper
Intelligence: Spatial and Naturalist
King, L. A. (2011). The science of psychology: An appreciative view. (2nd ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
Tarzan [Web]. (1999). Retrieved from http://ffilms.org/tarzan-1999/
asseertedwolf. (2011). Disne'ys tarzan son of man 720p hd [Web]. Retrieved from
Rossano, N. (2013). Kala encuentra a tarzán. [Web]. Retrieved from
loveless0505. (2012). Tarzan escena hermosa [Web]. Retrieved from
The phobia list. (1995, July 17). Retrieved from http://phobialist.com/
Misophobia or Mysophobia- Fear of being contaminated with dirt or germs
Ligyrophobia- Fear of loud noises
Agliophobia- Fear of pain