Loading presentation...

Present Remotely

Send the link below via email or IM

Copy

Present to your audience

Start remote presentation

  • Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
  • People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
  • This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
  • A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
  • Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article

Do you really want to delete this prezi?

Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.

DeleteCancel

Make your likes visible on Facebook?

Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.

No, thanks

French Culture Project

Cambodia http://www.seriouseats.com/2012/11/13-cambodian-dishes-you-should-know.htmlhttp://www.tourismcambodia.org/company/index.php?pccat=3#comp
by

Sunny Cheng

on 28 August 2014

Comments (0)

Please log in to add your comment.

Report abuse

Transcript of French Culture Project

Bibliography
-population of about 15,205,539 people

-Khmer 90%, Vietnamese 5%, Chinese 1%,
other 4%

-most are Theravada Buddhists
Cambodia
Cambodia
Southeast Asia
-the capital is Phnom Penh
-during mid to late 19th century, France took over
-in 1953, France returned independence
-languages: Khmer (official) 95%, French & English made up the remaining 5%
Apsara Dance
Angkor Wat
Rumdul
Riels
Lotus Flower
royal palace in capital
Cambodia's flag
World's largest temple built in the 12th century
Significant to Buddhism; symbolize faith, fortune, & purification
National flower decreed by King Sihamoni in 2005
150 Riels = 4 cents in USA
-Cha houy teuk= jelly dessert for 1000 riel (about US $0.25)
-Khmer red curry= uses coconut milk & not as spicy
-Fried tarantula= a snack sold daily to bus & car passengers
Cambodian Dishes
-average weather is 85°, tropical climate
-monsoon (rainy season) lasts from May to November
-focused on agriculture, the land was perfect for farming (had fertile soil, abundance of rain, warm climate)
-main exports = clothing; others include rice, tobacco, & rubber
-economy based on exports and tourism
"Central Intelligence Agency." CIA. Web. 22 May 2013.

Ledgerwood, Judy L. "Cambodia." World Book Advanced. World
Book, 2013. Web. 22 May 2013.

McGraw, Andrew. "National Geographic Music (National Geographic)."

Cambodia : National Geographic World Music. Web. 23 May 2013.

"U.S. Relations With Cambodia." U.S. Department of State. U.S. Departmentof State, 13 June 2012. Web. 22 May 2013.

"Angkor — Interactive — National Geographic Magazine." Angkor — Interactive —
National Geographic Magazine. Web. 22 May 2013.

"Facts in Brief about Cambodia." World Book. Web. 23 May 2013.

Goldberg, Lina. "10 Cambodian Dishes." CNN Travel. Web. 23 May 2013.

"Tasty Tidbit." - Taipei Times. Web. 23 May 2013.

Kikoler, Jennifer. "Serious Eats." 13 Cambodian Dishes You Should Know. Web. 24 May 2013.

Stone, Richard. "Angkor." — National Geographic Magazine. July 2009. Web. 24 May 2013.

"Kingdom of Wonder Angkor Wat." : Cambodia Traditional Music Instruments. Web. 24 May 2013.
A dance which beautiful nymphs would would perform to the gods and humans that achieved paradise. It is carried out with khmer traditional music, which is very popular and used for many types of ceremonies.
Full transcript