Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Body Shop
Transcript of The Body Shop
The Body Shop has over 1200 products which aim to revitalize both men and women. From make-up, to male essentials and skin care for both genders, all sustained ethically and sourced naturally.
"The company combines activism with marketing, encouraging women to focus on self-esteem as well as social and environmental causes"
The 4 P's Of The Body Shop
– Their in-store footfall is higher than actual purchases, due to slightly higher priced products. This is a result their natural ingredients costs.
Our fundamental competitor categories
– Naturally sourced high quality products, that are projected through
their packaging. Resulting in high visual impact and shelf presence.
Including the environmental issues they tackle.
– We have over 2600 stores world wide, which sell directly from us to the consumer. A lot of our volume is sold online through our direct website.
– The Body Shop heavily focus on media activity and challenging social issues.
For The Future
To gain a sales revenue in the Organic Food sector of over £50 million by the end of 2015.
The Organic Food Market Analysis
£1.8+ Billion in
organic food sales
6 in 10 are keen
organic food & drink.
The Body Shop's target consumers are densely involved in buying organic goods.
- Existing supporters of Fair Trade
- Firm relationship built on organic
- Brand Trust & Authenticity
- Expertise in sourcing the best
- Current brand image supports the
nature of the organic foods sector
Supporting Brand Factors
THE Original Natural Beauty Brand
Internal Brand Audit
Where We Are Now
Skin Care Hair Care Fragrance Beauty Home & Gifts
2919 across 60 countries
USA UK Spain Dubai Czech Republic
International Retail Sales
€1.398 billion (2013)
9.1% Increase in profit
& 11.4 in increase in sales
Acquired L'Oreal in 2006
Our 5 Core Values
community fair trade
"I am willing to pay more for ethically and organically produced products in which I can be sure that they will not only make me look good on the outside, but also feel good on the inside too. Along with purchasing natural skin care products, I would feel inclined to buy organic food as a part of my healthy lifestyle.“
"Green, Healthy & Natural"
"Ethical, Values & Quality"
"Contributing, Diverse & Fun"
"Quirky, Colourful & Friendly"
"Healthy change & Bright"
"Encouraging & Nutritional"
"Refreshing & Healthy"
In-Store Consumer Perception
“I just want The Body Shop to be the best, most breathlessly exciting company – and one that changes the way business is carried out. That is my vision.”
Anita Roddick. Human Rights Activist. Founder of The Body Shop.
Our Mission at The Body Shop is to deliver with passion to our customers, creating a unique and exciting shopping experience by having a comprehensive range of naturally-inspired personal care products that offer performance, indulgence and great value. All whilst operating a business with a strong commitment to the well being of our fellow humans and the preservation of our planet.
To acquire a strong position in the organic food market by becoming amongst the top 10 most admired companies. By providing and supporting the healthy and ethical eating lifestyles of our consumers, through cultivating a healthier and happier world by spreading goodness through nourishing foods under The Body Shop name.
Market penetration will open up new avenues for The Body Shop
Dual market stability is healthy for a business
Brand extension can generate a stronger image
Primary quantitative research
Respondents perceive The Body Shop as a an
ethical friendly environmental
They expressed the brand with words such as
natural, likeable, reliable.
of respondents would buy
organic food from The Body Shop
Organic foods increases their positive brand image
The Body Shop will be considered even more reputable in the organic and natural market.
To increase our market share in the UK organic food sector by 2.5%/+ by the end of 2015.