Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Melvin Calvin
Melvin Calvin was born on April 8, 1911 in a town called St. Paul, Minnesota , he died on January 8, 1997.
He died at the age of 86.
What did Melvin do?
Melvin was a U.S Biochemist
He got his Ph.D at the University of Minnesota
Where did Melvin conduct his research ?
Melvin discovered the calvin cycle at UC Berkeley.
why is his research important?
it is the basis for nearly all life on Earth, and is the beginning of the ecological food chain.
how did his research impact society?
He found the path that photosynthesis makes turning carbon dioxide into energy.
who is the scientists
When did Melvin conduct his research
In 1950 melvin he devised an innovative method to determine how carbon dioxide is assimilated in green plants during photosynthesis.