Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Mindset Theory for StudentsYour Brain is Like a Muscle!
Transcript of Mindset Theory for StudentsYour Brain is Like a Muscle!
Your Brain is Like a Muscle?
What happens to your muscles when you work out?
That's right, they grow!!
Wait a minute!!
How do you
That's easy, you just have to
You really have to THINK hard and stick to tricky tasks to "work out" your brain!
I have a question for you...
Who is in charge of your learning??
IT IS YOU, YOU ARE IN CHARGE OF YOUR LEARNING AND IT ALL HAPPENS UP THERE IN YOUR BRAIN!!
If you only try tasks, you do not exercise your brain. We only learn something if we did NOT know it before and if we have to think or work hard to figure it out!
The harder you work at thinking and learning, the bigger your brain will grow!
Next time you have a tricky question in math class, or you get "stuck" on a word when you are reading...
Remember you are in charge.
What can you do if you get stuck??
Ask yourself some questions...
1) Have I done something like this before?
2) What strategies could I try to figure this out?
3) Is there something in the room that could help me?
4) Is this working? If not, what else can I do?
O.K. Let's go and grow our brains!
Deep inside your brain are nerve cells called neurons. When you are thinking, they fire and send chemical signals to each other. When you stick to a difficult or challenging task, you create new pathways between your neurons. This is one way to exercise and grow your brain.
How we feel about our school work affects our learning too!
If we don't like a subject or if we think we aren't good at it, it can make it harder for us to learn! A part of our brain called the Amygdala takes over when we are upset and it physically makes it difficult for us to think or learn!
Remember, just stick to it, you can do it!
Believe in yourself and stay positive.
You can do anything you want to if you put forth enough effort.
Making a mistake helps us to learn too!
Making a mistake is a GOOD thing as long as
we use our mistakes as an opportunity to grow our understanding.
Think about this...