Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Harry Wong's Philosophy
Transcript of Harry Wong's Philosophy
2. The beginner teacher must be proficient in exhibiting positive expectations for their students, establishing good classroom management techniques, and designing lessons for students mastery.
3. An effective teacher learns from colleagues, seeks out help from teaching role models, and sets a goal to strive for excellence.
4. The more effective the teacher the more successful the student.
5. The effective teacher uses research based instruction.
6. The more the school and family are connected the better chance there is for a successful student.
7. The effective teacher dresses professionally.
8. The teacher must create and inviting classroom for all students.
9. Teachers are ready to maximize student learning and minimize student misbehavior.
10. Effective teachers always realize that their reputation matters.
11. Have assignments ready and posted for students to work on when they come into the classroom.
12. Uses teaching time effectively.
12. Teachers must always document student progress.
13. A smooth running classroom is based on the ability of the teacher to teach procedures.
14. The teacher must create structured lesson plans with detailed directions.
15. The more a teacher learn the more students will learn. Strengths:
Student focused program
Stresses the importance of consistency.
Things are set in place early on.
Teachers are encouraged to work together. Weaknesses:
The theory focuses more on the success and behavior of the student compared to the needs. After researching this principle I realized that it matches up quite a bit with my teaching philosophy. I believe that it is incredibly important for the teacher to know exactly how they are going to run their classroom ahead of time, remain consistent with their students and set high expectations for all learners so they can succeed. I also really liked the idea of the school and families working together as a team in order to ensure a higher success rate for students. I would definitely use this model for classroom management as I feel it has great potential to be an effective management model. However, with any type of management model it is only effective when it is implemented correctly. Examples:
Teacher models how to line up correctly and has students practice until it is mastered.
Teacher greets students every morning as they walk in the door.
Wait five or more seconds for a response when asking questions.
The teacher will have the classroom completely set up before students get there.
The teacher has a seating assignment already created that students follow.
The teacher will know immediately what they will do when a student acts out. First Days of School: Teaching Procedures - YouTube. (n.d.). YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.. Retrieved September 23, 2012, from
Summary of Major Concepts covered by Harry K. Wong. (n.d.). www.mrsimons.com. Retrieved September 23, 2012, from www.mrsimons.com/about/wong_summary.pdf
Wong, H., Wong, R., Allred, S., & David-Lang, J. (n.d.). The first days of school: implementation guide. www.effectiveteaching.com. Retrieved September 22, 2012, from www.effectiveteaching.com/pdf/implementationguide.pdf