Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Lion King
Transcript of The Lion King
MUFASA - "The Father Figure" and "The Wise Man"
TIMON & PUMBAA - "The Sidekicks"
SCAR - "The Villain"; Main Antagonist
NALA - "The Love Interest" Simba "The Son" who turns into "The Hero" Seeks individuality Loves to prove his bravery Goes through the "hero's journey" Can be compared to Jesus, Hercules, Boo Radley, and many superheros. Mufasa "The Father Figure" &
"The Wise Man" Scar Timon & Pumbaa Nala "The Love Interest" "The Main Antagonist/Villain" ·Sets rules and boundries
·Protective of his son
·Willing to take extreme measures to keep his son safe
·Loving, caring and playful with his child "The Father Figure" Rules and Boundries ·has rules in best interest of son to keep him safe from danger
·typical parent, afraid of harm being exposed to their child ·In Lion King, Mufasa is furious when Simba disobeys him and puts his life in danger. - The "typical bad guy"; the source of evil that opposed the good (the protagonist)
- Soughts to harm the protagonist (undergoes desperate measures to prevent Simba from becoming king)
- Like most villains, his evilness is empowered by something he wants (to be the heir to the throne); shows no remorse for his actions
- Black Mane = Evil, Death
- Green Eyes = Envy, Renewal (he craves "rebirth" as king)
- Surprisingly does not show any "red" physical attributes, but archetypes such as Aggression, Sin, and Violence would also suit him "The Sidekicks/Tricksters, Wise Ones/Parent Figure" "Sidekicks/ Tricksters" The "funny guys", give comic relief, and bring humor although the situation is serious.
Care-free - social outcasts, at the bottom, have nothing to lose.
Simba's sidekicks; family or friend like companions.
Ex: 'Life as we know it' and 'The Jungle Book'. "Wise Ones/Parent figures" Being the "parent figures" shows responsibility and helpfulness. Gives good advice.
Nurtures and trains Simba.
Philosophy - "Hakuna Matata", portrays independence and maturity.
Ex: 'Life as we know it' and ' The Jungle Book' Compare & Contrast SCAR vs. LOKI & THE WHITE WITCH In Finding Nemo, Nemo's dad enforces rules to prevent his son from causing trouble. Protective ·Takes measures to keep his son safe
·His responsibility is to ensure no harm is done Mufasa scares off the hyenas so they will not hurt Simba. Aslan from Narnia joins the battle in time to protect the people he thinks of as his own. "The Wise Man" ·Wisdom and judgement is always correct
·Acts like a God in some ways
·Powerful image - big, strong leader, deep commanding voice
·Strong leader Wisdom and Judgement never fails ·Mufasa always knows the right things to say
·Gives useful and knowledgeable advice
·Acts like a God figure Example: Appears in the sky and always watches over the ones he loves, like God (Upload clip in sky here) Powerful Image ·Physically larger than other animals around him
·Deep, commanding voice
·Golden, glowing image
·Similar to Aslan, who is the leader in Narnia Strong Leader ·Watches over his kingdom from Pride Rock
·Earned respect from his citizens and it is shown when everyone bows down in his honour The Hero The Son Is youthful and enthusiastic Is taught many things from his Father, the King Father-son relationship a lot like Nemo and Marvin Other Archetypes Plot Overlap of cautionary tale & test plot Simba is young, innocent, and tricked by his uncle, Scar. He must prove himself after this, which tests his bravery. Time Many scenes take place at night which represents mystery and danger. In the end, it is Spring time, representing rebirth from Scar's control. - The typical love interest of the protagonist (beautiful, graceful, his voice of reason)
- "Nala" means "gift" (the hero's reward?)
- Not a damsel in distress like many love interests (strong, independent, fearless)
- Light fur represents innocence, purity
- Blue eyes = Peace