Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The LIFE and MISSION of CFC - SINGLES FOR CHRIST
Transcript of The LIFE and MISSION of CFC - SINGLES FOR CHRIST
SINGLES FOR CHRIST
If you will be part of a sports team, which team? Why?
If you get to choose a company you’ll be part of, which company? Why?
If you get to be part of a boy/girl band, rock band, etc. which band? Why?
ME AND MY GANG
June 18, 1993
CFC Leaders’ Conference
Xavier School in San Juan, MM
began on March – April 1993
40 singles from different parts of the country and belonging to different groups who were being supported by CFC
3-day workshop in Kalibo, Aklan.
the participants themselves formulated the policies and programs
output of their workshop: cornerstone of the SFC manual, its mission, philosophy, commitment, and programs
as of June 2011, there are already about 30,000 singles throughout the world. And it continues to grow.
Who is the single person?
1. in transition; he/she is drawing away from the traditional structures of:
2. This drawing away implies a sense of
- sense of greater freedom
- However, the single may not realize that with the added freedom,
greater responsibility is required
- The single, confronted with the reality of evil in the marketplace and, under tremendous pressure to succeed, or simply to survive, may start to compromise his values, ideals and beliefs; and, be led to a path away from God.
3. Another implication of this transition stage of the singles is as the single is drawn away from his family, he/she is also drawn into the process of
starting his/her own family
— at least, for 94% of singles.
What are we called to do?
A. The Mission Statement of CFC Singles for Christ
We believe that God has a plan for us to live meaningful, happy and productive lives at this stage of our human existence. Given the formidable obstacles that we face, we need a renewed relationship with God and the power of the Holy Spirit to live a new life. We need a support environment where God’s plan is revealed to us and where we can draw strength from other single men and women who are committed to love and support us. We need a group where our energy and talents can be developed and put to good use to serve God and His people. We need a place where we can be formed to prepare us for the next stage of our lives, to marry or to live a single life in total dedication to the Lord.
We therefore commit to the work of personal renewal and evangelization in our milieu as part of the larger work of the Couples for Christ family and in line with its global mission of “renewing the face of the earth.”
B. The SFC Mission
"Building the Church of the Home and
Building the Church of the Poor"
1. Building the Church
a. First, be good and faithful members, who are committed to growing in love, personal holiness, and knowledge of the foundations of our faith.
b. Second, we build the Church by bringing more people to knowing Christ through active evangelization and by being strong witnesses to Christ living in our lives.
2. Building the Church of the Home
a. We take the lead in creating a family atmosphere where there is love, openness, forgiveness, happiness, and unity under Christ.
b. We are reflections of Christ in our own homes as we support the families we are born into (as members) as well as prepare ourselves for the families we will start in the future (as heads). We do this by living a life of purity, holiness, and selflessness.
3. Building the Church of the Poor
a. Because we see and experience Christ in the poor, we serve the poor through a committed and loving dedication to provide for their needs with urgency through love and a personal sacrifice of our time, our resources, efforts and talent. We understand that we cannot build God's kingdom here on earth without the poor.
4. We are FOR Christ and we live like the Apostles as His disciples in the present day (empowered and led by the Holy Spirit to passionately and unceasingly proclaim Christ to all nations, establishing a brotherhood of love and sharing, and serving the poor, the captives, the blind, and oppressed). The totality of our lives is a reflection of Christ.
C. The SFC Vision
“every single man and woman all over the world experiencing Christ”
D. The Statement of Philosophy of the
CFC Singles for Christ
a. We believe that our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit and we safeguard its sanctity by being pure in thought, in word and in deed.
b. We believe that God gave us gifts and talents with which we can serve and glorify Him and which allow us to live fruitful lives. We believe in the proper stewardship of these gifts by striving to succeed in our chosen work or profession without sacrificing our Christian values and ethics.
c. We believe in the indissolubility of Christian marriage and the importance of family life in the plan of God, in the sanctity of human life and the right of the unborn child.
d. We believe that we are called to live out our faith fully and to share actively in the life and mission of our Church — through prayers, evangelization and service to others.
e. We believe in living productive lives as citizens of our country, obeying its laws and respecting its institutions. We believe that we have a duty to the future generations, in protecting our natural environment and in combating the proliferation of evil in our social environment.
f. We believe that individual and corporate renewal can best be achieved by having a deep personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior by calling upon the power of the Holy Spirit in our day-to day life and by making full use of all charismatic gifts at our disposal.
How do we support one another in CFC Singles for Christ?
A. By our committed relationships.
1. We believe that we have a responsibility to encourage and support one another in the Christian life. Thus, we make a commitment to grow together as Christian men and women.
2. We have a 5 point commitment which is embodied in a small white card which we carry with us.
B. Through households.
1. The purpose of a household group is to have a smaller and more intimate environment for personal support in the Christian life, and to provide a means for encouraging and hastening growth as a Christian.
2. A household is composed of 5 members. The men are separated from the women. The men supervised by male household heads and the women by female household heads. This is true even when couples are appointed as household heads. These households are set up immediately after the CLP.
3. The household meets once a week, on the same day of the week as mutually agreed on by its members.
4. The household meetings are held in the homes of the group members, on rotation basis from week to week.
5. There are basically three ingredients in a typical household meeting: an extended period of prayer and worship, a time for sharing or discussion, and some time for fellowship.
C. By our ongoing teaching and formation.
1. There is a formal first-year teaching program.
a. Covenant Orientation
b. Singles Weekend Retreat
c. Evangelization Training
2. Beyond the first year, there are many other courses and various training modules for those who will undertake services in SFC.
3. Various teachings will also be given in prayer assemblies and other occasions.
D. By the other regular activities of our community.
1. Monthly prayer assemblies.
2. Lord's Day celebrations, Anniversaries, Family Days, Evangelization Rallies, Leaders Conferences, etc.
3. Social activities.
A. We are living in exciting times. As we experience our new freedoms and the evil and corruption that surround us in the world, we are also seeing God's loving and protective hand in trying to restore our lives, our homes and our workplaces back to His original plan.
B. Think and pray about "The Covenant of CFC Singles for Christ".
C. If you decide that SFC is for you, come back next week, ready to make the covenant.
What is CFC Singles for Christ (SFC)?
SFC is part of the Family Ministries of Couples for Christ.
THANK YOU and
GOD BLESS US ALL! =)