Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Wapusk National Park
Transcript of Wapusk National Park
- mountain avens
- cloudberries ATTRACTIONS
Beluga whale watching
Tundra Buggy (see artic foxes, caribou and polar bears)
Hudson Bay Helicopter
historical sites (ex: Prince of Wales Fort National Historic Site and York Factory Historical Site) ACCOMODATIONS No camping is allowed at the park
Nearby York Factory National Historic Site is Silver Goose Lodge
Hotels and motels around Churchill are available as well Wapusk is one of the largest polar bear conservations
Dangerous for humans Animals - Polar bears
- over 200+ birds
- Great Grey Owl
- Ivory Gull
- Red and Artic Fox
- Beluga whale Landforms Human Activities CLIMATE - always check the weather before heading out
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET THERE?
FEES - there is no daily entry fee, but there are fees for guided walks or tours Environmental Description TRAVEL TIPS Issues General ice sheets
snow hills Water Hudson Bay
30 cm of percipitation annual Soil only for arctic plants
under the ice sheets guided tours
watching over polar bears
taking care of polar bears Impacts DID YOU KNOW?
The York Factory Historical Site took 40 years to build. It was built by the Hudson Bay Company Here's a quick video about the Tundra Buggy! Photography Guided walks and tours Historical Sites TRAVEL TIPS CLIMATE - always check, northern weather can change very quickly
HOW DO I GET THERE?
FEES - there is no daily entry fee
For more contact information: people are disturbing the animals Global Warming Our Bibliography 1. " Wapusk National Park ." Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!. N.p., n.d. Web. 19 Apr. 2011. . (tags: none | edit tags)
2. Himiak, Lauren. "Wapusk National Park of Canada." National & State Parks. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 Apr. 2011. . (tags:none | edit tags)
3. "Hudson Bay Helicopters." Hudson Bay Helicopters. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 Apr. 2011. . (tags: none | edit tags)
4. "Parks & Historic Sites | Churchill Manitoba Canada." Everything Churchill – Polar Bears, Beluga Whales and Northern Lights Tours, Travel & Hotels. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 Apr. 2011. . (tags: none | edit tags)
5. "Parks Canada - Prince of Wales Fort National Historic Site - Activities." Parcs Canada | Parks Canada. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 Apr. 2011. . (tags: none | edit tags)
6. Zen., Mr. " Wapusk National Park Travel Guide | Travel to Wapusk National Park - addictedtotravel.com ." Adventure Holidays | Travel Guides | Activity Holidays | Gap Year |Family Holidays | Walking Holidays | Safari Holidays | Responsible Travel - addictedtotravel.com . N.p., n.d. Web. 19 Apr. 2011. . (tags: none | edit tags)
"Parks Canada - Wapusk National Park - Overview of natural resources." Parcs Canada | Parks Canada. N.p., n.d. Web. 19 Apr. 2011. . Natural Features northern lights (aurora borealis) ice sheets
polar bear den Thank You For Listening
to our Presentation - Polar