Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
F16 Ph 333 2.4.1-2.4.4
Transcript of F16 Ph 333 2.4.1-2.4.4
2.4.1 Work to move a charge
2.4.2 Energy of point charges
2.4.3 Energy of charges distribution
2.4.4 Final thoughts
The work to move charge 2 into the potential made from charge 1 would look like
This is one of those tricky sums that says: "don't double count"
can be Negative
Both are true
Work to bring it in (if they are fixed)
How much work to assemble charges
Find energy in a uniformly charged solid sphere of radius R and charge q.
"Can you please discuss the superposition of electrostatic energy. Particularly how doubling charges can quadruple the energy."
"How does the integration by parts work for 2.4.3 when transferring the derivative from E to V?"
find V first
"It explained it in the book, but in math work, how does the surface integral go away in 2.44?"