Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Shakespeare's Life
* Almost 400 years ago after his death, there are 157 million pages referring to him.
* Shakespeare wrote 37 plays and 154 sonnets
* Shakespeare had 7 siblings (4 girls 3 boys) Shakespeare's Works William Shakespeare was born on ,or around, April 23, 1564 He was baptized on April 26, 1564 He saw his first play when he was four years old Most of early works were histories written in the early 1590s. Shakespeare had seven siblings, three of which died in childhood He also wrote several comedies during his early period Most of his works done in his later period are tragedies In his final period, he wrote tragicomedies His parents were John Shakespeare and Mary Arden He also wrote poems The most well-known play is Romeo and Juliet He attended the Kings New School in Stratford, but never proceeded to university schooling, which has contributed to the debate about the author ship of his work. 'The Two Gentlemen of Verona' is known as his first work. Before the publication of the First Folio, 22/37 plays were appeared in quarto format 'The Tempest is most likely the last play written entirely by Shakespeare Bibliography He is believed to have started writing plays in the late 1580's On November 28, 1582, he married Anne Hathaway. She was 26 and he was 18. His works form one of literature's greatest legacies He started to write tragicomedies when he was retired. Retired when the Globe Theatre burned down due to cannon in his play in 1613 Wrote 13 comedies, 13 history plays, 6 tragedies, and 4 tragicomedies,and 154 sonnets in his lifetime Possible he died on his birthday- April 23, 1616 Died at age 52 Most belongings went to his eldest daughter Susanna Continued writing until his death in 1616 Wrote poem to go on his tomb, so he would not be removed There are no direct decedents of Shakespeare today, his granddaughter was the last relative alive Four years after he died, all of his plays were published Shakespeare wrote his will in 1611, before his retirement Only about half of his plays were published during his lifetime Not sure of cause of death, said to have been ill for some years "William Shakespeare Biography." Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 12 Dec. 2012
<http://www.biography.com/people/william-shakespeare-9480323> "Shakespeare's Influence on Other Writers." Shakespeare's Influence on Other Writers. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Dec. 2012
<http://www.shakespeare-online.com/biography/shakespearewriter.html> "Shakespeare's Biography." Shakespeare Resource Center -. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Dec. 2012.
<http://www.bardweb.net/man.html> "Shakespeare's Later Life." Shakespeare's Later Life. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Dec. 2012.
<http://www.shakespeare.to-go.biz/laterlife.htm> "Shakespeare Facts: Read Facts About William Shakespeare." No Sweat Shakespeare. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Dec. 2012.
<http://www.nosweatshakespeare.com/resources/shakespeare-facts/> "Timeline of Shakespeare's Life and Works." Timeline of Shakespeare's Life and Works. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Dec. 2012.
<http://www.shakespeare-online/biography/timeline.html> "The Tempest." SparkNotes. SparkNotes, n.d. Web. 12 Dec. 2012. <http://www.sparknotes.com/shakespeare/tempest/context.html>. "William Shakespeare." Enotes.com. Enotes.com, n.d. Web. 12 Dec. 2012. <http://www.enotes.com/william-shakespeare/shakespeare-biography>. Dani Fidelibus, Avery Godfrey,
Juwon Song, Bella Zacharakis "Buddha's Black Dog: A Blog of Curses and Spells." : Curses That Worked 1: The Curse of Shakespeare's Tomb. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Dec. 2012. <http://buddhasblackdog.blogspot.com/2011/06/curses-that-worked-1-curse-of.html> "Shakespeare Birthplace Trust." Shakespeare's Birthplace -. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Dec. 2012. <http://www.shakespeare.org.uk/visit-the-houses/shakespeares-birthplace.html>. "Shakespeare's Globe Theatre - One of London's Must-see Sights." Examiner.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Dec. 2012. <http://www.examiner.com/article/shakespeare-s-globe-theatre-one-of-london-s-must-see-sights>. "Romeo and Juliet." IMDb. IMDb.com, n.d. Web. 16 Dec. 2012. <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063518/>. picture's sources are mentioned
on the pictures