Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
5 Jobs of Silent Final E
Transcript of 5 Jobs of Silent Final E
Silent final "e" lets a vowel say its name (second sound).
English words do not end in "v" or "u"
The "e" lets the letters "c" and "g" say their second sound.
The silent final "e" is needed because every syllable must have a vowel.
No job "e". The spelling is a holdover from the Old English language.
How to mark
When marking the first job of silent final "e", we underline the vowel, the consonant following the vowel and the silent final "e" one time.
All other jobs of silent final "e" are underlined twice with the number of the job written next to the underlines.