Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Marton Trencsenion 5 January 2016
Transcript of Systems Thinking
Steal my job!
Come work at Prezi in
Where I heard about it
What it is
Systems Thinking at Prezi
inspiration -> Prezi business model
Jedi Master of Data
reasoning from first principles
"Boil things down to their fundamental truths and reason up from there, as opposed to reasoning by analogy."
what sets him apart?
model complexity by breaking it down into parts, connections and function
american environmental scientist
south african business magnate
system = interconnected set of elements organized to achieve some purpose
1. can you identify parts?
2. do the parts affect each other?
3. parts together produce a different effect?
4. persist in a variety of circumstances?
system traps: systems gone bad
tragedy of the commons
drift to low performance
success to the successful
shifting the burden to the intervenor
seeking the wrong goal
(trial enter distribution)
months since registration
What's a system?
function / purpose
more than sum of its parts
element purpose != system purpose
can change components
just differential equations?
how is this not bullshit?
systems thinking = meta observations about systems (predict, control, build)
limits of growth
how systems surprise us:
why systems work so well?
strength of feedback loops
rules of the system
goal of the system
size of buffers
structure of flows
World3 global computer model