Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Chapters, Stanzas, and Scenes
Transcript of Chapters, Stanzas, and Scenes
Talk with your neighbor, what do you think is the relationship between these three?
One of the units, consisting of two or more lines, into which a poem or a song is divided; a verse.
The word stanza means "room" in Italian.
A part of a movie or a play that shows what is happening in one particular place and time.
A section of a book.
A Poem by J. Patrick Lewis
1. How many scenes are in the play
The Crowded House
2. Let's look at the poem. How many stanzas are in this poem?
3. Cut apart each stanza and place them in a different order. Does it still make sense?
by J. Patrick Lewis
I built a house
With bucket, cup
Then scooped a shovel
Full of shore
On top to add
The second floor.
But when the fingers
Of the sea
Reached up and waved
A wave at me.
It tumbled down
Between my toes.