Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Sex and Gender 2650F
Transcript of Sex and Gender 2650F
Why would Lin Chih-Yan still suggests the Prince to bind the foot?
When was the practice of foot binding at its peak?
Who actually support the foot binding?Why would girls still get foot binding even though they knew it’s a crucial process? Why would women against the anti-foot binding movement in 19th Century?
Do you think this story try to promote equality between men and women?
Traditional society status between male and female: Yin-Yang doctrine
Modern society vs Traditional society
Definition of gender
the experience of Lin Chih Yang
the social role define your gender
Origin of Idea:
Five Dynasty Period
Development of the foot binding:
High class down to low class
the process of foot binding
Abolishment of the foot binding:
After the People’s Republic of China is established.
The last case was in 1950s
thank you !!!
1. Cheng-Zhu school, Wikepedia, Retrieved from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheng-Zhu_school
2. China Private Tour Guide Service, Foot binding, Retrieved from: http://www.chinatourguide.net/12_20.htm
3. Foot Binding, LadyBud, Retrieved from: http://www.ladybud.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/FootBinding.jpg
4. Zhang, Yuan, Footbinding, Sexuality and Transnational Feminism, June 2009, Retrieved from: http://igitur-archive.library.uu.nl/student-theses/2009-1012-200118/footbinding,%20sexuality%20and%20transnational%20feminism--final%20version.pdf
5. Schiavenze, Matt, Sep 16,2013, The Peculiar History of Foot Binding in China, The Atlantics, Retrieved from: http://www.theatlantic.com/china/archive/2013/09/the-peculiar-history-of-foot-binding-in-china/279718/
6. Sex, Merriam-Webster, Retrieved from: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sex
7. What is The Gender, Network “ Gwanet-Gender and Water in CentralETWORK “GWANET — GENDER AND WATER IN CENTRAL ASIA” 66Retrieved from: http://www.gender.cawater-info.net/what_is/index_e.htm
What is your gender?
Definition - Sex is the sum of the structural, functional characteristics of organism that are involved in reproduction marked by the union of gametes and that distinguish males and females
In your opinion, do you think the sex and gender is the same thing?
In women's kingdom, which one factor is more important: biological convention or social convention?
How does the identity of women have changed from traditional to contemporary literature?