Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
RVSJAB Symposium Australia
Transcript of RVSJAB Symposium Australia
In The Horizon
St. John Ambulance,
THANK YOU! :D
Governed by a
National Board of Directors
, which consists of a Chair, 5 Directors with specific responsibilities and the chair of each state and territory St John Council.
St John in each state and territory has its own council and is a separate legal entity.
National Board determines national policy and directions for the organization as a whole
Historical Society is open to all members and friends of St John
Founded in 2001
includes > 1) an annual general meeting
> 2)history seminar at which various members present papers based on their historical research.
> 3)For those interested in the Order’s long history
- Inspired by Knights of the Order from medieval times
- Movement spread to Australia in 1883
- Promoting the cause of first aid for the sick and wounded through volunteer effort
- Charity in the Australian community working For the Service of Humanity
10,000 first aid volunteers
, in their familiar black and white uniforms
3,600 Cadets (11-18 years) and over 500 Juniors (8-10 years) in its youth development program;
2,300 non-uniformed community care volunteers
, providing friendship, reassurance, survival skills and literacy support programs to those in need
- Numerous other volunteers who support crucial fundraising and awareness programs;
3,500 paid and volunteer ambulance offcers
in Western Australia and the Northern Territory
700 accredited, highly qualified
and trained first aid instructors
paid staff members
430,000 first aid certificates
, making it Australia’s largest first aid training provider
1.2 million hours
of voluntary service
provide the majority of these
of community services.
First Aid Training
of first aid training with nearly
Nationally Recognised Training
( CPR, Remote area First aid, Sports First aid)
- Learn the theory at convenience with a CD-RO- Spread your learning over a couple of weeks at your own pace
- Attend a one day workshop covering the practical aspects of the course and assessment. (Time- efficient)
First Aid Provisions
which are a guide to basic first aid procedures which align with the current edition of Australian First Aid (4th edition, 10/2012). (Updated twice a year with latest revisions)
Wide range of first aid kits
sold for home and leisure use or specific purposes
Child Protection Awareness training :
> recognises that
children have the right to be treated with dignity and respect, free from emotional and physical danger, abuse and neglect
> places the
highest priority on its responsibility
to ensure that the children for whom it has a duty of care are
against people and events which may
cause them harm
- Provision of charitable and humanitarian services to individuals, groups and organisations.
- Relief work for persons in sickness, distress, suffering or danger recognises no barrier of race, colour or creed.