Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Timeline
3500 B.C. to 2900 B.C.
Alphabet was created by the Pheonicians.
200 B.C. to 100 B.C.
Japan starts the first cell phone network.
Pictographs were created by the Sumerians.
Egyptians began to use hieroglyphics.
People began using pigeons to send messages.
Computers are sold commercially.
The government releases the internet to the public.
The Disruption of Face-to-Face Communication
7% of all communication is verbal.
93% of all communication is non verbal.
Expressions affected by emoticons.
New words, acronyms, abbreviations
Benefits of Social Media
Stay in contact with friends.
Ability to hide real emotions.
Creates an illusion.
Forges relationships based on emoticons.
Keeps you hidden.
- Disappointing because it degrades our social skills
- Doesn't allow true expression
- Relationships are an illusion
- Feels like an obligation to post, say happy birthday
- Popularity contest
How many likes you got?
Now 400 million hits daily. No. 1 activity on the net!
It's about being involved.