Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Importance of Fruits and Vegetables
Transcript of The Importance of Fruits and Vegetables
7. Try fruit at lunch. Pack convenient fruits such as bananas, peaches, apples, or applesauce.
8.Expriment with fruit at dinner. If having a salad before you meal, try to include dried cranberries or grapes.
9.Eat them as snank. Dried fruit make a great snack and are very east to carry.
10. Keep fruits safe. Rinse all fruits before eating or preparing with warm water. People often find it hard to eat fruits on a consistent basis. The USDA my plate gives 10 tips on how you focus on eating more fruits: COLORS are important when choosing fruits and vegetables. Eating fruits and vegetables on a daily basis is a start for a healthy balanced diet. It's hard to go wrong with a diet rich with fruits and vegetables. Vitamins A and E are essential for skin and eye health and for fighting infection. Vitamin C promotes healthy gums and teeth, helps bruises and cuts heal, and facilitates the absorption of iron. By: Rohan Jones The Importance of Fruits and Vegetables Many fruits and vegetables are naturally low in calories and fat. Vegetables have an abundance of potassium, fiber, vitamin A,C,and E. The abundance of Potassium found in many vegetables helps maintain healthy blood pressure for your body. Fiber helps reduce cholesterol and lowers your risk for heart disease The USDA food pyramid contains five major food groups: grains, vegetables, fruits, milk and dairy, and meat and beans. When trying to achieve a balanced diet from these groups, it is important to have half of your plate consist of fruits and vegetables. Fruits! Fruits! Fruits ! Statistics have shown that 35%-50% of cancers cases are caused due to lack of dieting. Just like vegetables, there are many nutrients and minerals fond in various fruits. California came in a close second with 40.1% of adults consuming fruits. Coming in third was New York 38.9% of adults consuming fruits on a daily basis. Most fruits are known for having high counts of fiber, folate, vitamin C and potassium. Good fruit sources of potassium are bananas, prunes, raisins, honeydew, cantaloupe, dried apricots and peaches. High consumption of these fruits would will give you a good source of energy and will help you loose weight. 1. Keep visible reminders.
Try to to jeep fruits on kitchen counter or in refrigerator.
2. Think about the taste. Try to buy fruit that are in season because that is when they are at their peak flavor.
3. Buy a Varriety of Fuit. Try to buy fruits in different colors.
4. Buy mostly whole or cut up fruit. Buy these type of fruits rather than fruit juice due to the benefits of dietary fiber.
5. Role Model. Eating fruit everyday make for a good role model to children. Just like Vegetables, there is a Recommended Daily Intake for Fruits as well. For men 19 to 50 two cups of fruits. Women that are 19 and over require two cups of fruits as well. Children age 9 to 13 require two to two-and-a-half cups, and children 14 to 18 require two-and-a-half to three cups of fruit. For example, dark green vegetables such as cabbage or spinach contain certain minerals that protect you from age-related eye diseases such as cataracts.
Red, orange and yellow colored fruits such as melon, and apricots contain lots of vitamins A, C and E, which all help to fight certain types of cancer. SIDE NOTE: Just like many other foods some choices are better than others even with fruits and vegetables. For example, avocados packed with fat and calories and aren't necessarily healthy for you. Always make a note to check nutritional qualities even on fruits and vegetables. Does is matter whether or not the fruits or vegetables are fresh, frozen, or tinned? When buying fruits or vegetables, buying them fresh and in season are the best option. Valuable nutriennts are less likely to be loss.
Often times canned fruits and vegetables are placed in sweet syrup to preserve the taste. This sweet syrup can cause tooth decay and other problems. Cooking and Preparation Special care must be taken when cooking vegetables and fruits. Boiling vegetables in too much water can destroy up 70% of the vitamin C. Boiling vegetables in about 2cm of water is a decent amount or steaming is a better method. It is also important to thoroughly wash the products in order to remove dirt, insects or pesticides. Do not soak it in water or the nutrients and minerals will be drained. Antioxidants Antioxidants are substances that may protect your cells against the effects of unstable molecules that essentially feed off healthy molecules in order to survive.
Fruits and Vegetables provide the body with an added resource of antioxidants in order to help fight off these usable molecules.
These unstable molecules cause cancer cells to grow and thrive under altered metabolic states such as diabetes.
Antioxidants protect you against related diabetes damage, neutralize cancer cells before they turn into mass, and help your immune system overall. THE END! Statistics