Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Myth of Icarus
Transcript of The Myth of Icarus
Comparing the same story through different mediums
Other Video Versions
reflections on themes
These are only a few of the many interpretations of this myth that have been created over the centuries.
In your opinion, why does this story continue to inspire artists regardless of the time period?
interpretations of the Icarus story from
compare and contrast.
Pay special attention to artistic choices.
What did the artist emphasize about the myth, and what stylistic techniques did he or she use to convey the theme?
reflections on the pieces
"The Lament for Icarus" Henry Draper, 1898
"The Fall of Icarus," Marc Chagall, 1975
"The Fall of Icarus," Peter Paul Rubens, 1636
"Daedalus and Icarus" Andrea Sacchi, c. 1599
"Landscape with the Fall of Icarus," Brugel, Pieter the Elder c. 1558
practice paintings to analyze
Fill this part in
You will pick a painting for this side
"The Fall of Icarus," Henri Matisse, 1943
TWIST to Analyze Poetry:
T = Tone
W = Word Choice
I = Imagery
S = Style
T = Theme