Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Organizational Structure of Microsoft
Transcript of Organizational Structure of Microsoft
More customer focus
Easier cross-product coordination
Easier to monitor employees Some redundancy among groups
Can be expensive
Can create coordination difficulties between corporate and division objectives Original Structure Would you have invested? The original organizational structure of Microsoft was Functional.
The company started with only 11 positions and continued to expand over the years. Flat Structure Tall Structure The company was founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen on April 4, 1975.
The name originated as Micro-Soft
3 original employees
Bill Gates wanted to create a "family" work environment
First generated revenue was $16,000 History of Microsoft's Structure
1974-1990 If you were Bill Gates what would you do?
1st Technical Writer
1st Employee Programmer
3 Additional Programmers Microsoft's History
1991-2004 Questions? 2008