Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of HAMMERHEAD SHARK
I have always been fascinated by sharks and all their adaptations. The hammerhead and its unique body structure are almost iconic for predatory animals. Here is some information about them.
Did you know?
Hammerheads use their wide heads to attack stingrays, pinning the winged fish against the sea floor
Hammerheads are found in a wide range of waters,
including off the coast of New Jersey.
One group of sensory organs is the ampullae of Lorenzini, which allows sharks to detect, among other things, the electrical fields created by prey animals. The hammerhead's increased ampullae sensitivity allows it to find its favorite meal, stingrays, which usually bury themselves under the sand.
Size:13 to 20 ft (4 to 6 m)
Weight:500 to 1,000 lbs (230 to 450 kg