Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Intro to Linguistics
Transcript of Intro to Linguistics
- Polyglot Difference between Linguistics
and Traditional Grammar 1. How would you define Linguistics? Questions 2. Point out three ways in which Linguistics differs from traditional school grammar 3. What is the difference between a prescriptive and a descriptive approach to language? 4. Why do linguists regard speech rather than writing as primary? 5. Briefly explain the terms Phonology, Syntax and Semantics 6. Distinguish between synchronic and diachronic linguistics. What is it? Descriptive Oral form is primary Languages are
analysed individually Prescriptive Written form is primary Morphology Pragmatics Historical Linguistics Synchronic Linguistics Diachronic Linguistics Languages are compared to Latin