Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
CDB Reflections on Global Exchanges
Transcript of CDB Reflections on Global Exchanges
-produced at the interface of Jamaican experiences of racism and global marginalisation
-exported through processes of globalization
-then "localized" in new sets of meaning, experieces, etc
How does Rastafari manifest itself in Cuba?
How is Rastafari & reggae localized within a Tanzanian context?
What happens when Rastafarian symbols are appropriated by Protestant gospel reggae artists?
Or a Hasidic Jew?
What are the main concerns of Rasta that have repatriated to Ethiopia?
--oppositional discourses and practices do not necessarily automatically mean freedom
--are situated in and emanate from unequal positions of power