Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Diary Writing Year 3/4
Transcript of Copy of Diary Writing Year 3/4
entries we have ever seen!
What are the features?
Identify the features of a diary.
Planning your exciting task!!
A diary (or journal) is a book in which someone writes down their feelings, important events and experiences from their life.
Can you think of any examples of famous diaries?
Diary of a wimpy kid
Even Winston Churchill kept a diary!
Your task will be to read a diary extract.
What do you think the main features of diaries are?
What do you notice about the how the diaries are set out?
You will be creating a checklist of features to include in your diary entry...
- Shows which day the diary entry is about.
- Writer is writing about themselves.
- Writer writes about what has happened.
Personal tone/Informal language
- The reader can almost hear the writer speaking.
- Writer writes about their feelings, thoughts, hopes and fears.
- The writer asks questions about what is happening.
Different punctuation marks
- Used to emphasise the writer’s words.
- Used when a new time, place, person or topic is written about.
Day by day
Events and feelings are included
Event by event
Set out like a series of letters
Started with 'Dear' something
Ending with 'love' or 'from' the writer
Mixture of events and feelings
Feelings explained in detail.
You are now going to brainstorm WOW words on your coloured paper! Use a different colour for each sense:
You've walked onto the aeroplane for your trip to Rio...
What did you
What could you
How did you
What could you
Wednesday: Planning your diary entry.
In the end
You will be writing a diary entry from your own point of view! Imagine you landed in Rio after a long flight and met Cassio and his family for the first time!
What did you see? How did that that make you feel? What could you hear? What could you smell?
What tense and person are you going to use?
How are you going to lay out your diary?
What will you tell the reader about?
How many events/days will you cover?
What emotions did you experience?
What time connectives will you use?
Which features can you find?
Who would go in first? Why?
Were you anxious?
What were people saying and
What did you find?
What will you do next?
This is fantastic information for your Diary!
What do you expect to find when you are reading a diary entry?
Tell your partners!
What's your checklist?
What features would we expect to find in a diary entry?
Which time connectives can you use?
With partners, you have to investigate 3 pictures: