Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
A wise economist asks a question
Transcript of A wise economist asks a question
The Great depression
Started with the Wall Street Crash of 1929
Increase in unemployment = Increase in poverty
This lead to
• Bank failures were considered another "cause" of the great depression
1. What do you see
Investing is like saving food for winter
The squirrel is asking why he didn't save for the future, when he needed it
Squirrels save food for the winter, which is why the squirrel is asking this question
Despite being a "wise economist," the man in the cartoon has no money
Cartoonist's point of view
Is this cartoon persuasive
What other techniques could the cartoonist have used to make this cartoon more persuasive?
Cartoon made during great depression (1933)
Showing how hopeless the situation was during the great depression
Investors are like squirrels
Title calls squirrel a wise economist