Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Playground Supervision
Training Key Purpose of Supervision is to insure safety. SupervisionConsumer Product Safety Commission statistics estimate Nearly 200,000 playground related injuries occur each year that require emergency room visits in the US.
Nearly 40% of those injuries related to Inadequate supervision. Playground injuries account for the majority of school - related injuries that occur. Most Injuries Occur on:
Climbers Quality supervision can reduce injuries from interaction, thus have a significant influence in reducing overall playground injuries.
- Bruya & Wood Types of injuries
– Self inflicted
– Equipment related
– Interaction with others You could be assigned supervision zones
– Play structures
– Blacktop areas– (Min. one adult per zone recommended)
Supervisors should not be organizing games.
Supervisors should delay adult conversations until after recess. Know playground Rules and Procedures
Arrive with first aid kit.
Always precede children to playground. Check Playground for hazards.
if Necessary and report Hazards Be Alert
– Move through assigned area
– Visually scan constantly
– Pay close attention to play structures area RECESS Just an example of something that may occur..... Behavior Problems
– Make eye contact in anticipation of potential problems
– Move close to students in event of likely confrontation
– Give verbal warning
– Be firm in enforcing rules
– INTERVENE and stop inappropriate behavior. During Recesss
Be concerned with the safety of all childrens
Do NOT engage in game activities with students.
Do NOT engage in conversation with children. Keep comments brief.
Stay focused on scanning playground. Do NOT allow running on blacktop.
Discourage rough and tumble play (this usually ends in confrontations).
Bullying requires intervention from other school personnel. Report to administrator. NEVER leave your area unsupervised.
Send child for assistance or use walkie-talkie to call office. Do not allow children to wear clothing with attached strings (ie, sweatshirt cords).
–This causes a risk of strangulation if caught in equipment. KEEP KIDS SAFE