Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Five Colors of Magic: The Gathering
Transcript of The Five Colors of Magic: The Gathering
is represented by a drop of water
derived from islands.
believes the world is malleable and
started in a blank state.
- It views the world as an opportunity with
all the possibilities.
is represented by the sun, drawn from the plains.
embodies the concept of logic,
reasoning, thinking and knowledge.
- It's principles lies in being in the
state of omniscient - of knowing complete or unlimited knowledge. Literally all of EVERYTHING.
embodies the principals of morality and order, placing emphasis on the group, community and civilization as a whole.
's tools utilizes their magic of
manipulation; using time and knowledge to gain leverage whenever need be.
...Along with some creatures they summon and call in accordance to the seas and illusion magic they learned
has no purpose or destiny.
- It values Thought over Action,
Reason over Passion, Future over Present, Artificial over the Natural, Illuson vs Reality and Logic over Emotion.
Their ultimate goal is peace, harmony and perfection through uniformity and structure; balance and equality.
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"
- In general,
characterized by its attributes of logic, omniscience, technology, and methodical reasoning.
power comes from the forest.
It embodies both instinct and interdependence.
is represented by a black skull drawn from Swamps. Black uses swamps because here lies things that fester and rot.
is most in tune with nature.
A great emphasis is put into the natural order - survival of the fittest;
relying on primal senses and natural strength.
Its followers believe it's best to simply allow nature to take its course.
embodies parasitism and
amorality - not immorality but just unaware of rights or wrongs.
- Black can be simply
explained by Power.
- Its purpose is power
- Achieve Omnipotency at all
cost - even at the expense of anyone or themselves.
Although they hate the artificial;
civilization, unnatural laws and magical constructs...
is self-indulging in its own
- It values and loves its solitariness;
- The best notable attribute of
is it can get things done.
does not seek to impose its values on others - only to coexist as peacefully as possible.
followers may resort to
sources that may be absurdly be cruel or costly,
would not ashamed. It did its job.
- They knew they achieved something
through their "own" means.
values its ambition more than its humility.
What this workshop is:
We will NOT be teaching you how to play Magic: The Gathering or its mechanics.
We're only going to define each color's identities and philosophies in the universe that comprise Magic: The Gathering.
Trust. It understands the currency of Power.
- "It doesn't care how it
acquires power, so long it does."
is represented by a fireball and is drawn from Mountains.
sees the world as an
- To live a life in accordance to one's
, life is all about Expression
and one's Desire.
, action on those Desires is
how life should be made of.
- Chaos, Random Action, No Rules, Freedom, No Control, Impulse
- "Those who speaks of rules (or of
censorship) gets a furious ultimatum to
- "To beat you and have fun doing it, using as much passion, fire, lightning bolts, or dragons as he finds to chuck at you." This is how
- Like fire, it has intensity and is always expanding.
is compassionate when it comes to individuals.
They'd protect those individuals against groups even at the expense of their own welfare.